Social Networking Security
Follow these tips to safely enjoy social networking.
- Learn about and use the privacy and security settings on social networks
sites such as Facebook and Twitter. These setting help you control who
sees what you post.
- Be careful what you post online. Everything that
you put online is permanent. Protect your reputation by thinking twice before posting
pictures you wouldn’t want your parents or future employers to see.
- Avoid posting personal information that could make it easier for someone else to use that information to steal your identity.
- Be cautious with your status updates. Remember what is posted online is
not Private. More than your friends will know that you are on vacation
and your house is empty.
- If someone is harassing or threatening you, remove them from your friends list, block them, and report them to the site administrator.
Taken from: StaySafeOnline.org