The Network ID (NetID) is a Windows Active Directory account that is uniquely assigned to each Connecticut Community College (CCC) student, faculty & staff. It serves as your login to many CCC computing and networking services.
The NetID is defined as follows:
If you are a student, your NetID is composed of the following two items:
- Username: BannerID (without the "@")
- Domain: @STUDENT.COMMNET.EDU
Example: A student with a BannerID of @87654321, will have the following NetID:
If you are a staff or faculty member, your NetID is composed of the following two items:
- Username: BannerID (without the "@")
- Domain: @CollegeDomain
College College Domain Asnuntuck ACC.COMMNET.EDU Capital CCC.COMMNET.EDU Gateway GWCC.COMMNET.EDU Housatonic HCC.COMMNET.EDU Manchester MCC.COMMNET.EDU Middlesex MXCC.COMMNET.EDU Naugatuck NVCC.COMMNET.EDU Norwalk NCC.COMMNET.EDU Northwestern NWCC.COMMNET.EDU Quinebaug QVCC.COMMNET.EDU Three Rivers TRCC.COMMNET.EDU Tunxis TXCC.COMMNET.EDU System Office COMMNET.EDU
Example: A faculty member at Capital with a BannerID of @01234567, will have the following NetID:
You can find it using the NetID Lookup Utility.
What if I forgot my NetID password?
The initial password for all new NetIDs will be based on a combination of personal information (birth date and social security number). Specifically, the following three items will makeup the initial password:
- 1st three characters of birth month (with first letter capitalized)
- Ampersand character - &
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number
So, for a user with a birth date on 10/24/79 and social security number of 123-45-6789, then the initial password would be:
NOTE: You will be forced to change your password the first time you logon.
You can use the following process to reset a lost or forgotten NetID Password:
- If you are a Student or Faculty, use the Reset Forgotten Password utility.
You then have two options:
Choosing the first option (Reset Password via Email) will send password-reset instructions to your personal Security Email Address. If you do not have a Security Email Address on file, then this option cannot work for you.
- Reset Password via Email
- Reset Password with Security Q&A
Choosing the second option (Reset Password with Q&A) will prompt you to verify your identity by entering personal information. Specifically, the following items:
- Social Security Number (last 4 digits)
- Birth Date (Month, Day, Year)
- Answer to your Security Question
If neither option will work for you, click here to contact the Support Center.
- If you are a Staff member, please click here to find the appropriate support contact for your college.
Your Security Email Address is a personal address that you specify as the email location at which you want to receive helpful information if you ever forget your NetID password. The first time you log in to myCommNet, you are prompted to provide this address.
If you have already specified a Security Email Address and wish to change it, use the Change Security Email Address utility.
When you set or change this address, a confirmation message will be sent via email. In that message, you will be asked to click a link to confirm.
If you are unable to use the Reset Forgotten Password utility because you have missing or incorrect identity information (Social Security Number, Date of Birth), please click here to find the appropriate support contact for your college.
Click here for more details on errors when using the Reset Forgotten Password via Email utility.Click here for more details on errors when using the Reset Password with Security Q&A utility.
The following requirements must be followed when selecting a NetID password (see CCC Password Policy for more details):
- Password must be at least eight characters.
- Password must be complex and difficult to guess. A password must contain characters from three of the four categories:
- Uppercase characters (A through Z)
- Lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numeric digits (0 through 9)
- Special characters (for example, !, $, #)
- Password must not contain all or part of the user's NetID account name.
- Password must differ from previous passwords.
- Password is forced to change every 90 days, but users have the ability to change them sooner.
The following are a few suggestions for creating a secure NetID password:
- Randomly pick alternating uppercase and lowercase vowels and consonants. Add in a digit or two; (e.g., eBiC92oD)
- Combine three and four character words with at least one digit between them. This will create passwords that can be easily remembered but difficult to crack (e.g., Egg123Salad).
- Randomly pick a book, poem, or song. Select a phrase from the work and use the first character of each word in the phrase as your password. Add in at least one digit, or change some of the existing letters to digits or special characters. For example, the phrase "Four score and seven years ago our forefathers..." might become this password: 4s&7yaof
If the password you select does not meet the requirements specified above, you will get the following error message and be asked to try again:Your password must be at least 8 characters; cannot repeat any of your previous 24 passwords; must contain capitals, numerals or punctuation; and cannot contain your account or full name. Please type a different password. Type a password which meets these requirements in both text boxes.
If you have any questions, please click here to contact the Support Center.
The NetID will be used to access a variety of Community College services over time. Services that will be immediately accessible using your NetID include:
Student NetID is created within a couple hours of admission. Click here for a more detailed answer.
Please click here to contact the Support Center.