WebEx is an online conferencing tool that has proven useful for both staff and faculty in the ConnSCU system. It enables you to meet with students or colleagues from wherever you are, home or office, as long as you have Internet access on your computer or have the WebEx mobile app installed for your iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry. If you can get online, you can collaborate with others online, and share data, presentations, online demonstrations, etc.Faculty can use WebEx to bring guest speakers into their classrooms, hold virtual office hours, provide one-on-one or group tutorials, participate in committee work and much more. WebEx lectures or meetings can easily be recorded, and the video files can then be uploaded into Blackboard courses. Information for using ConnSCU's WebEx Server is available depending on if you are hosting a meeting or just attending a meeting.
December 18, 2014: Please note that new security measures will be put into place for WebEx meetings effective Friday, December 19th. These include new password requirements, changes to Meeting Center calendar and meeting “auto completion” settings. All security changes will be reflected in revised “Getting Started Guides” found on the Hosting a Meeting page.
Now that csu.webex.com has been renamed to connscu.webex.com, you should update any bookmarks that point to the old csu.webex.com site. NOTE: CSU WebEx host accounts and passwords are not affected by the cutover and will continue to work after the site name change.
We will redirect csu.webex.com to connscu.webex.com for the next few months so bookmarks and meetings scheduled will continue to work. However, if you had created any repeating meetings prior to January 17, 2014, you will need to recreate those meetings so they use the new connscu.webex.com link.
We will announce in the Announcements section above when we stop redirecting csu.webex.com. At that time, any meeting links that contain csu.webex.com will no longer work.
There are several roles you can take on when participating in a WebEx meeting. Find out what each of the following WebEx roles mean and what to refer for additional support:
- requires a WebEx host account
- can schedule/create meetings
- is identified by the (Host) beside their name in the Participants panel
- is the Presenter by default at the beginning of the meeting, but can transfer the Presenter role to other participants
- has the highest level of control in the meeting and can grant or revoke Presenter or Attendee permissions; can also make another participant the Host
- refer to the Hosting a Meeting page for additional support when host a meeting.
- by default, the Host of the meeting is the Presenter, but can be assigned to any attendee by the Host during the meeting
- is identified by the green/blue WebEx presenter ball icon in the Participants panel
- has the ability to share desktop/documents and control the presentation materials
- refer to the FAQ found on the bottom of Attending a Meeting page for additional information
- can view the content that is being shared by the Presenter
- can interact with the Presenter and/or other Attendees using the communication and feedback tools
- refer to the Attending a Meeting page for additional support when attending a meeting
We've provided lots of information (documentation, training, tutorials and support information) for when you are either hosting a meeting or just attending a meeting, be sure to check those pages for support information.